Saturday 11 November 2017

Finding Granddaddy (20160922) Not an empty stroll

With the success of yesterday's babies I was anxious to get out and see if I couldn't get more  babies down to the safety of a pond. While  no little fellers were found Bizzy and I did find what is probably the main breeding male for the area.
It was actually the puppy that warned me of the presence of this monster sized Snapper. 
This "grizzly" had wonderful large claws, and he was huge. I don't believe that he would have been able to fin in the top of a garbage can. Quite the impressive beast. Clarence says that this would be the big males migration back to the lake, where he will spend the winter under the ice.
I thought I would add in a portrait of "Granddaddy". There is no doubt in my mind that this fella has seen many, many, years.
The puppy and I continued out patrol but found no other turtles on this walk. When we returned to where this big fella was spotted, he was gone. I could track his trail and he made it safely back to the water.
Take some time and put a little wild in your life today!
Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment