Monday 13 November 2017

Save 7 (20161007) We would have definitely lost this guy.

The seventh of October brought what I though would be my last patrol of the year (2016). We had a great day and a big storm was scheduled for tomorrow, so Bizzy and I headed out hoping for one or two more turtle sightings for the season. On our way "out" we spotted this beautiful young White-throated Sparrow.
On our return, as it seems is when we spot these little guys, this guy looked like he was done.
If you notice his yolk sack is totally absorbed, so he has been out of the nest for a bit.
I picked him up and started warming him up, then got him a little water. After about 40 minutes he was moving like a champion. So I released him at one of our spots, and he was off to the races. 
 What I did note about this unit in particular was his curly tail. Every other baby I have seen had a very straight tail. Here is another shot of him heading to the pond.
Just before ending the patrol We grabbed a few images of this good looking Maritime Garter.
That makes 7 for the year and I was feeling really good about deciding to head out for a patrol.
Take an hour out of your time today, and put a little wild in your life!
Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment