Friday 10 November 2017

Lay Lady Lay (20160621) A birding outing that got me hooked.

I was off to do a check up with one of my birding friends as we had found a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker nest, and thought we would check on the youngsters. We had our puppies with us and as we just nicely got going on the trail we ran into this little sweetheart finishing up her duties of the previous night.
This was the first time I found a Snapper laying eggs. I thought I should have a great environment along the tracks to see this closer to home.
We left her to do her business. When we arrived at the Sapsuckers nest we knew all was well as dad was bringing home the buggies for the little ones.
Now I was really revved up to investigate for Snappers in my own back yard.
Take some time and "put a little wild in your life!"
Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment